Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"First Sound"


Last year on November3, my Bhabhi was gifted with a baby, whose name I suggested is Elina. At the starts of two months, she used to cry too much, and I always amazed to see that although she wears dry cloths and already feed by milk, what exactly the problem is which insisted her to cry. I thought most of the times, she wants something and we people although supported by 1400cc of brain capacity can think, are unable to understand. GREAT.

But as the time proceeds, I come to realize that now she understands a bit. If my mother calls her by her name (Avi, home name), she abruptly turns her face, look around and starts analyzing that, from where sound is coming? and according to that she starts looking in that direction and respond with smile. We feel great and happy.


10 days ago she cried as she used to do, but the sound coming from her vocal cords was less of cry but more of MAAA-AAMAAAA. Was this a real beginning of any newborn baby to speak and by default first sound of the child dedicated to
none other but her Mother. How special a mother is from the very first day to that baby, who is not able to understand the dynamics of life. If we go through the biology of a pregnant woman, then we come to understand by seeing the natural connection made by nature in between mother and a baby, Umbilical cord. It means that people who forgot their mother at any instant of their life, have to think once in a cool manner by moving to bathroom and undressed oneself. One has to close look on their body and the only organ at the center of the body defines the connection between mother and the child. So this is the way we can deliver the best to our parents.

That day onwards, I always analyses her crying manner and closely hear which syllable she is trying to speak. I always entertain her by talking in English language. One day my friend told me that there is no need to speak English in front of her, because she doesn’t understand what you are telling. And for that, my reply was very simple that at least she hears those words is enough for me. By this one day she speaks the same, which I spoke in front of her. I got this nurturing idea from the video of “Lily”, which I saw in college. I also hanged a world map in her room and I want that at least she has a glance on it twice a day. Thanks Lily, you suggested a path to me to nourish a baby. But the first sound is of no language, it is simply MAAA-AMMAAA.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog.You have a nice analytical power.This is the best blog which you ever wrote.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Convey my regards to Amit, and your Bhabi for giving birth to cute girl baby.

    Naveen Reddy

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog